1. Your work in 3 words…
Dirty, dirty, clean
2. Name 3 artists on your mind right now.
Glenn Ligon, Betty Tompkins, Sherrie Levine
3. Where’s your studio?
4. Who or what keeps you going?
Iced coffee and the occasional Newport
5. How did this body of work evolve?
Spending a lot of time picking up trash on the streets
6. What’s your favorite work in this series?
Hard to say, probably Thuggish Ruggish
7. What’s the craziest thing you’ve found?
$390 cash lumped together, a bloody shank, crack vials amongst baby toys
8. What neighborhoods do you work in?
Bed Stuy and Lower Manhattan
9. Favorite neighborhood bar?
Happy Fun Hideaway
10. What was the last gallery show you saw?
Peter Demos at the Journal Gallery
11. Who is under-rated?
Jim Joe and Frank Castanien (one of my favorite artists that I’ve recently discovered).
12. What is under-rated?
13. How many cigarettes are on the all over cigarette panel?
I’m guessing around 1,500?
14. How long did it take you to find them?
A little less than a month
15. I want to buy you a drink, what do you want?
Hennessy with a splash of coke
16. Who do you want to collaborate with?
There are many. Keeping them under wraps at the moment as I don’t want to jinx anything.
17. Best art party?
I probably shouldn’t answer this one 🙂
18. What’s next in the art world?
19. What’s the one piece of advice you never took?
Get your MFA
20. Music to work to?
Raekwon, Whitney Houston, Jeezy, Max B, Phil Collins