1. Your work in 3 words:
Affordable for now.
2. Name 3 artists on your mind right now.
Casey Jane Ellison
3. Where’s your studio?
4. Who or what keeps you going?
It’s more like – there’s nothing stopping me so I keep going. I suppose if there was a blockade and I needed a reason to keep going… The reason would be… this is what I like
5. How did this body of work evolve?
I was asked to do a show in Stockholm and I had been thinking about the idea of Royalty and what that means in America. What celebrities mean outside America. I’m still thinking about it.
6. What’s your favorite work in this series?
The video. Once a year I make a video from all the videos I shot on my phone. I always like the video.
7. First piece of art that moved you?
Gustave Caillebotte’s “Rainy Day”. I saw it on a field trip to the art institute of Chicago when I was in 1st grade. I thought it was Chicago.
8. Tell us something we don’t know.
I go to the movies 2-3 times a week (I have moviepass).
9. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve bought on the internet?
10. What was the last gallery show you saw?
Bunny Rogers MFA show at the Royal Institute of Art in Sweden.
11. Who is under-rated?
12. What is under-rated?
13. What shocks you?
Fights on Worldstar.
14. Favorite artist of all time?
Idk? It changes. Robert crumb? Rembrandt? Murakami?
15. I want to buy you a drink, what do you want?
16. Who do you want to collaborate with?
The United States Government.
17. 3 dream dinner party guests?
Neil Degrasse Tyson, Kylie Jenner, Malala.
18. What’s next in the art world?
19. What’s the one piece of advice you never took?
Dye your hair black.
20. Music to work to?
I really only listen to music when I’m typing emails or proposals – and I listen to classical music because my mind doesn’t have to listen to words. Otherwise I usually listen to the news while I’m working.